Worried About My Debt

(Hampton , VA)

I owe GE money bank 1,800 and i haven't been able to pay them for 4 months and a lawyers office called me to collect, but i just get SSI for my son and at the time i got the card, i had my mother to help me, so now she cant help, is there any way i can make payment arrangements or is it too late and what will happen if they send me to court.

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

If you don't have any income except SSI you may be what's called "judgment proof." If you are, then the collector could try to sue you but wouldn't be able to get anything anyway. We recommend you read more about what it means to be judgment proof. We also recommend that you arrange a a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney to find out whether you are indeed judgment proof.

We hope this helps!

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.