Wage Garnishment for Unpaid Court Fine

by Jesse M
(Tacoma, wa)

I live in washington state an I have a collections agency garnishing my wages for a court fine from 2003. Its 2011? Is there a statute of limitations for that? How can I make them stop? They also told me it was from 2007 but I know the case number an it was from 2003. Is that legal to lie like that?

Comments for Wage Garnishment for Unpaid Court Fine

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 04, 2011
Wage Garnishment for Unpaid Court Fine
by: Debtcollectionanswers.com.

No, you cannot stop the garnishment unless you can prove that you should not have to pay the court fine for some reason. Otherwise, the garnishment will continue until the fine has been paid in full.

If you believe that your wages should not be garnished, you should contact a consumer law attorney in your area who helps consumers resolve their debt collection problems. Find out how to get FREE or low cost legal advice about debt collection from a consumer law attorney here.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved.
DebtCollectionAnswers.com does not sell your personal information.
Read our Privacy Policy here