violation of FDCPA

by Hugo

Is a violation of the FDCPA has occurred how much time I have to sue a collection agency in California? I am located in California Pasadena

If a violation that occurs while I still owning money to a collator even they still sending me letter at home or calling me at home I still can sue them in that moment or year even if I still unpaid the collection agency or have not settle my account?

Please e mail me to let me know.
thank you

Comments for violation of FDCPA

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 03, 2010
Debt Collection Lawsuit
by: Gerri & Mary


Under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act you generally have one year to bring a lawsuit against the debt collector. In California, however, you also have a strong consumer protection law called the Rosenthal Act, which or co-author Robert Brennan explains in more detail in the California edition of our e-book.

Since you are in California, we would recommend you go ahead and contact Robert Brennan's law offices at They will be able to explain to you whether you have a case against the debt collector under state and/or federal law, and will be able to help you decide whether to pursue that.

We hope that helps. Feel free to follow up using the comments link below.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.