Vacating a Judgement

My husband had a judgement against him for a credit card in his name only and he is now deceased and has nothing to probate. How can I get the judgement vacated?

Comments for Vacating a Judgement

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 19, 2011
Vacating a Judgement

So sorry about your loss.

I am not an attorney, but my understanding is that to get a judgment vacated, you must file an appeal with a higher court. Also, there are limited reasons why an appeals judge might agree to vacate a judgment and I am not sure that death is one of them. If you want to get a more specific answer, I recommend that you talk with an attorney in your area.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.