I am a former career criminal. I now have 10 years after being reformed. I have superior court fines, fees, etc, that I may never be able to pay off. They are taking 25% and am now struggling to make bills and support my son. The question is...is there anything I can do about it? Chapter 7 bankruptcy?

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

We encourage you to talk with a bankruptcy attorney. Certain fines may be discharged in bankruptcy but you'll need to talk with an attorney to find out whether that applies in your case. Even if you can eliminate some of them you may be able to afford the rest. Here's how to
a free initial evaluation with a bankruptcy attorney.

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.