Taking Tax Refund to Pay Past Due Child Support

by Corey
(Connersville in 47331)

Will my tax refund get taken for owing back child support I am currently paying on it I only owe like $1200.00 and I am not ordered to pay anymore. Me and the mother live together with our daughter I just didtnt know if they would still take it even though I have been paying on it

Comments for Taking Tax Refund to Pay Past Due Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 06, 2011
Taking Tax Refund to Pay Past Due Child Support
by: Debtcollectionanswers.com

I am not a divorce attorney, but I don't believe that you are at risk for having your tax refund taken unless the mother of the child to whom you owe the past due court ordered child support takes action to have the order enforced. If you want a definitive answer to your question however, I recommend checking with a divorce attorney in your area.

Sep 06, 2011
by: Wells

Okay thank u for the help they actually took my last tax check but I figured it was cause I didn't have a job at that time and I wasn't paying on it at the time but with them taking that refund and the fact that I have been paying on it, I have put a pretty good dent in it actually mOre than half. I just hope they don't take this one cause I'm trying to move my family into a better place as in a house not apt. By the way it is no longer adding up and it hasn't for a long time, me and my gf are together and have been. Idk if u have any other thoughts let me know! Thanks

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.