Share Your Complaint About eCast Here!

Here you can share your complaint about eCast. Please keep in mind we are not the collection company - we are simply an educational website that tries to help consumers find answers to their questions about resolving debts with debt collectors.

Please do not include any of your personal information (last name, phone number, account number, etc.) But please DO be specific about the problem you are having with the collector.

And though you may be frustrated, please be civil! No profanity please.

Use the comments link below to share your complaint.

Comments for Share Your Complaint About eCast Here!

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 26, 2014
Charge back
by: Anonymous

I am self employed. In 2002 was forced to file bankruptsy due to illness. In this bankruptsy was a $30,849.00 debt to MBNA for credit card debt. In 2008 the bankruptsy was discharged. In 2011 this company sent a 1099 to the IRS stating forgivness of debt in the above amount. Now I am being charged taxes on the entire amount (which by the way also includes alot of interest, which the company won't acknowledge. So now I owe the IRS over $6,000.00 in back taxes!! Is this fair, I don't think so---
What do you think?

Reply from

If you discharged the debt in bankruptcy you do not have to include it in your taxable income. There is an exclusion for debts wiped out for bankruptcy. But you must fill out Form 982 and include it with your tax return so the IRS knows why you are excluding it from your income.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to eCast Complaints.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.