revoking voluntary wage attachment

by belindart

can you really write a letter to online payday loan companies telling them you are revoking the wgae asst you signed when getting your loan..and what do you do when a couple of them are out of country

Comments for revoking voluntary wage attachment

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 10, 2010
Revoking voluntary wage attachment
by: Mary

Thanks for submitting your debt collection question on our Q&A page.

You are legally entitled to revoke a voluntary wage attachment at any time, but you must do so in writing and you should send your letter to the lender via certified mail so that you will have proof that it was received. Be sure to send your employer a copy of the letter as well and send that letter via certified mail with a return receipt requested.

I recommend that you contact a consumer law attorney or your local legal aid society for help writing your letter so that you can be 100% sure that your revocation request will be legally valid.

Once you've revoked a voluntary wage attachment, get in touch with the payday lender to work out a payment plan you can afford. Otherwise, the lender may take legal action to collect your unpaid debt.

I am not an attorney so I am not sure about how you should handle revocation of voluntary wage attachments with payday lenders who are not located in the U.S.. I suggest you talk with a consumer law attorney in your area or with your local legal aid society about this issue.

Good luck dealing with your payday loans.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.