Owed Money to NCO

(northern n.y.)

Owe Ford credit $827.24 total, back in 1998....got a dwi...truck got repoed...I was in county hotel, so could not make payments ( 2 left) now after 11 yrs. they call me and want the bal. asked them to send me something in writing, and nothing.

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

It probably makes sense for you to consult with a consumer law attorney at this point. Collection agencies are required by law to send written notice within 5 business days of initially contacting you about a debt. It's not optional. And this debt my be out of the statute of limitations anyway.

If you think the debt collector has broken the law, you can contact a local consumer law attorney with experience in debt collection cases, or call the Collection Complaint Hotline at 888-711-5183 for a free, confidential case evaluation.

Click here to post comments

Return to NCO Complaints.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved.
DebtCollectionAnswers.com does not sell your personal information.
Read our Privacy Policy here