my electric bill went to collections and i moved

by ryan
(arnold, missouri, usa)

i live in missouri. at my previous address my electric bill got up to about 500.00 with ameren UE. i was in trouble finacially and decided to move in with a friend. that bill was sent to a collection department. i am back on track and looking to get a new apartment. can i get electric services in my name at my new residence if that bill is still in collections?

Reply from

You won't know until you try. But it's not unusual for a utility company to require you to satisfy your previous bill before you can start a new account. Or they may charge you a larger deposit. You may, however, be able to get on a payment plan to catch up with the old bill.

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.