Mom's Death

by mushabug
(Bristol, RI USA)

My Mom lived with me until her death in a RI Nursing Home. The Department of Elderly Affairs is putting liens on my property to collect unpaid portions of bills due to the Nursing Home. Can the Attorney General of RI help me with this or do I need to get a private Lawyer?

Comments for Mom's Death

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 26, 2011
Mom's Death

I recommend that you schedule an appointment with a consumer law attorney in your area who helps consumers resolve their debt collection problems. Do it right away. The attorney general's office in your state will not help you. You need the advice and assistance of a private attorney.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Medical Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.