Midland Funding, LLC

by Denise
(Salisbury, NC )

They obtained a judgement against me even though I was never served a summons to appear in court. This company refuses to give me any information on the alleged debt.

Comments for Midland Funding, LLC

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 24, 2013
Midland Funding, LLC
by: Debtcollectionanswers.com

If Midland never served you, then your rights were violated and you may have the basis for a lawsuit against the company. You are legally entitled to be formally served so you can file a response the company's lawsuit and defend yourself in court.

You may want to contact get a Free consultation with a consumer law attorney . After listening to the facts of your case, he/she will let you know if you have a good basis for a lawsuit against Midland Funding, and can also file the lawsuit for you, if you want. You can also get a Free consultation by calling 855-206-5310 (toll-free).

Jul 03, 2014
How Do I Get This Off My Credit Report?
by: Anonymous

I have never had midland funding...my verizon bill has been paid long ago 2011. I currently have both verizon cell and house phones ...if not paid I would not be able to have them HOW DO I GET HIS OFF MY CREDIT REPORT!!!!????

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com

Have you disputed the account you believe is inaccurate with the credit reporting agencies? To protect your rights under federal law, you need to take that step. If it is confirmed as accurate then you can either talk with a consumer protection attorney (who may be able to represent you at no out of pocket cost to you if they think you have a good case). You may want to read: How to Dispute Credit Report Mistakes

Jul 08, 2014
by: DC


Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com

A ten-year old collection account should not be on your credit reports. Have you talked with a consumer law attorney? Find out how to get free or low-cost help with your debt collection problems here.

Jul 17, 2014
by: Anonymous

I just found out that Midland Funding has a judgment on my home regarding my son which was a minor at the time of judgment and we were never served. How do I get rid of this? It was made in 2007. Please advise.

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

It can be difficult to get judgments vacated, especially when they are so old. We'd really encourage you to talk with a consumer law attorney. A bankruptcy attorney should be able to advise you. Keep in mind that judgments can last for a long time and be renewed, so this is something you'll want to try to get taken care of.

Jun 15, 2015
I want to be free and clear of this company
by: Catherine T.

Back in the early 2000's I got an unsecured loan, I forgot about it because the original company closed down and I had not heard from anyone concerning the debt until 2007. They proceeded to garnish my wages. I left that job and went to another one, where for about a year and a half, I did not hear from them. I then left that 2nd job, in 2013, I had a series of jobs until I began working at an inventory service company, they again garnished my ages. I know that they are only allowed to get 25% of my check. It wasn't long before they found me at my last job, where I was only employed for 6 months. I am generally left with only $435.00 for two weeks. Everytime there was a lapse, they added fees, so that I never really out a dent in what is owed. I need to get this cleared up and quickly.
Thank you

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

Catherine, we are not the collection agency. It sounds like there is a judgment against you. If so, then we recommend you talk with a consumer bankruptcy attorney who can guide you through your options. You can get a free initial evaluation with a bankruptcy attorney here.

Aug 08, 2017
Midland funding lied to us
by: Cheryl

We settled for the full amount on a debt with Midland Funding. They sent us a copy of the letter they said they would send to the judge to dismiss with predjudice. I just found out today they did not do that and the judge issued a judgement for the full amount AND legal fees. We even have letters from the original creditor that they had received our payment in full. We don't deserve the judgement or the additional legal fees. What can we do?

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com

Ugh! We're sorry that you had to go through this. Fortunately you have documentation of your side of the story. Here are a few options for you to consider:

1. Hire a consumer law attorney with experience in debt collection. They may be willing to take your case with no cost up front given the documentation you have. Visit ConsumerAdvocates.org to find one in your area. It doesn't hurt to ask.

2. Get help from a regulator. Two years ago we would have told you to contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau but we're not confident at this point in time that will help. You can certainly try your state attorney general's office to see if they might be able to help.

3. Represent yourself in court and try get the judgment vacated. Check out Courtroom 5 for tools and training if you decide to represent yourself.

Let us know what happens!

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Collection Company Complaint.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.