by Enrique
(Bronx Ny)

I have a judgment against me with out no notification all i receive is an execution note from the marshall and I paying monthly. What can I do?

Comments for Judgement

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 06, 2010
judgment without proper service
by: Gerri

Enrique - Please contact the New York State Attorney General's office right away. You may not be aware of this, but New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo filed suit against 35 law firms and two debt collectors in New York State in order to throw out an estimated 100,000 default judgments improperly obtained against New York consumers.

I don't know if the firm that obtained the judgment against you was included in that action, but you should check immediately. You can read details here:


You can call their helpline at 1-800-771-7755. I hope that helps!

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.