Incorrect social security # submitted

by Yin

I live in Michigan. I have a third party garnishment in place for state tax refund creating offset. The debtor submitted the incorrect social sec #. Will there still be an offset? Can the state hold the refund until the debtor submit the correct social?

Comments for Incorrect social security # submitted

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 07, 2010
by: Gerri

Yin - If it understand you correctly, you are trying to collect on a debt and have a garnishment order against the debtor, but the debtor provided the wrong SSN. I am sorry, but our expertise is in helping consumers understand their rights when dealing with debt collectors, not in helping debt collectors.

I simply don't know the answer to your question. You'll have to contact the appropriate agencies in Michigan to try to figure out what your next step is.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.