I Owe Consumers Gas - Can They Add Bill to Dads?

by nina
(waterford mi usa)

I owe consumers gas 2000 dollars. My question is I stay with my dad and a law firm put my debt on his bill can they legal do that?

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

Nina, We have heard of utility companies adding the bill to the account of a relative or the current owner of a home. Whether this is legal or not, we aren't sure.

We recommend you start by contacting the Michigan Public Utility Commission. They have a pretty good website that discusses utility bill issues, and they offer a toll-free number you can call if you have a complain:


Next, we recommend you contact a consumer law attorney of your own. You can find one at NACA.net

We hope this helps!

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.