How do I settle a car accident debt?

by Gilberto
(Houston TX)

One year ago, I was to blame at a car accident, although the damages were close to zero, the insurance company is trying to collect from me, $3000.00, I have received letters from a Subrogation Department, saying they are trying to collect the money on behalf of The Insurance company. I have called the insurance company, and there is a person in charge of my account. Whom should I try to make a deal with; the insurance company, or with that "subrogation Department, or are they all the same?

Thank you.

Reply from

It should all be the same. Make sure you get any settlement agreement in writing and that it clearly states you won't be responsible for any further debt once the settled amount is paid.

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.