Getting a judgment vacated

How can I get a credit card judgement against my deceased husband vacated. He had nothing to probate and
the house is jointly owned and has a mortgage with no equity?

Comments for Getting a judgment vacated

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 22, 2011
Getting a judgment vacated

I am not an attorney, but my understanding is that to get a judgment vacated, you must file an appeal with a higher court. Also, there are limited reasons why an appeals judge might agree to vacate a judgment and I am not sure that death is one of them. If you want to get a more specific answer, I recommend that you talk with an attorney in your area.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.