by kathleen
(rowland pa)

I was foreclosed on an FHA mortgage My tax returns are always confiscated by the dept of treasury . what will happen to my social security disability payments

Comments for fha

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 29, 2012
by: Debtcollectionanswers

Although the federal government can garnish most kinds of income when a consumer owes it money, it cannot take Social Security disability payments. It can take Social Security retirement payments however.

Jan 06, 2015
Taxed on ex husband's debt
by: Anonymous

I bought a house with my husband now ex husband and he defaulted on the loan and I was cosigner. Now they take my income tax. Is there anything I can do? How do they expect people to live with nothing if they do not get their retirement pay. Another totally disgusting government policy!!!! I realize I am responsible for some of this loan but should not have to suffer the full blow.

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

We would recommend you at least a free initial evaluation with a bankruptcy attorney to find out what your options are.

Mar 10, 2015
by: Anonymous

If we got a settlement on our house we lost will they still take our taxes this year?

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com

We're sorry but we really don't understand enough about your question to respond. Can you elaborate?

Apr 08, 2015
Govt can offset Social Security Disability
by: Anonymous

SS retirement or disability payments can be offset (taken prior to disbursal) by the LESSER amount of Total Monthly Payment minus $750 or 15% of Total Monthly Payment. Only SSI is totally exempt. The first 750/month (9000/year) is exempt and cannot be touched.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.