Ex Husband Signed Papers For Debt

by Angela
(Douglasville GA)

What can do if my ex husband signed papers delivered to his house in my name for a court order? It was for a credit card in my name and today found out that they had garnished my wages because I didn't show up to court? Didn't know anything about it!!

Reply from DebtCollectionAnswers.com:

Angela, you need to talk with a consumer law attorney right away to find out if the debt collector acted legally in allowing your husband to accept service. You can reach out to a consumer law attorney in your area with experience in debt collection cases. Find out how to get FREE or low cost legal advice about debt collection from a consumer law attorney here.

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.