dept collection

by amanda

if i have a dept with the government will they take teh money out of my tax return?

Comments for dept collection

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 21, 2012
dept collection

If you owe the federal government money, it is entitled to seize your tax returns until the debt is satisfied.

Mar 05, 2014
by: Anonymous

I had a 401k from work don't work there any more I took the money put it in a money market plan but decided to take it all out did not pay taxes on it. I filed my taxes few days ago and found out that I owe 865.00 to the state and fed. government 2600.00 I do not have that kind of money need help what to do?

Reply from

The IRS offers a payment plan and for that amount of money it should be easy to get approved for it. I don't know what your state offers--but you may want to ask.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.