Delinquent Home Taxes

by Debra

My mom passed away four years ago and I have been paying the taxes on time. My mom name is still on the home. I haven't paid the taxes this year {2011). Now I am being sued for this year and delinquent taxes I didn't know about. I can't afford to paid these delinquent taxes I didn't know about. How should I handle this situation?

Reply from

You need to meet with a tax attorney for assistance asap. If you don't resolve them, the home may be at risk. Make sure you meet with a tax attorney, as anything you discuss with them will be protected by attorney client privilege.

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.