College tuition and tax returns

by Cynda
(Odessa mo)

Can my tax return be held because I am behind on my college tuition?

Reply from

Tax returns can often be intercepted to pay delinquent federal student loans, but we aren't aware of a similar situation for tuition. Usually if you are behind on your tuition payments, the school will refuse to let you continue to enroll in classes, or hold your transcripts until you catch up. We suggest you talk with the school to find out what can be worked out.

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2018 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved.

Disclosure: We may receive compensation for marketing some of the services mentioned on this site. Above all though, our goal is to recommend products and services we believe can help our readers. You can learn more here.