civil orders

by frank
(plattsburgh nycondor)

If your court ordered to pay a civil debt can you file for bankruptcy and no longer have to pay that civil order

Comments for civil orders

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 31, 2012
civil orders

Filing for bankruptcy can stop the enforcement of a judgment against you. However, I am not a bankruptcy attorney and not familiar with all of the details of your financial situation and the judgment. Therefore, I recommend that you contact a bankruptcy attorney to get all of your questions answered. Your initial consultation will be free.

Also, the bankruptcy process is very complicated and to truly benefit from it and ensure that you do not do anything that might jeopardize your bankruptcy, you should never act as your own bankruptcy attorney. It's a penny wise and pound foolish move. you. To learn about the bankruptcy process, go here how to file for bankruptcy.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.