Car garnishment

by Cindy

My wife and I had to return our Jeep back to the dealer because of no work. The Jeep was in both of our names. I am now permantely disabled. Is there anything that can be done to drop this. They are garnishing my wifes wages now, 25% a week is taken out of her check weekly. The garnishee disclosure was filed in Michigan, we now live in Arizona,my wife still works for the same company. I s there anything we can do? Even if we could only have 10 or 15 % percent garnished it would be better then 25. HELP!!!!!!

Comments for Car garnishment

Click here to add your own comments

Dec 09, 2010
Returned car. Wages being garnished
by: Mary

Thanks for sharing your collection story with us.

The details of your situation are complicated and I am not an attorney, so I suggest that you consult with a consumer law attorney who helps consumers resolve debt collection problems like yours. Find out how to get FREE or low cost legal advice about debt collection from a consumer law attorney here.

Please share what happens with your situation in the comments section for this question. I am very interested in hearing how this turns out for you, and your experience can help others who are struggling with debt collectors.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.