Can they do this?

by Ken
(Dixon, CA, united states)

My mom put braces on me when I was 16, I took them off before time, and she didn't keep on paying them. Now after almost 2 years they are trying to send me to collections. Can they do that?

Comments for Can they do this?

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 11, 2011
Medical bill for a minor

We suggest you talk with a consumer law attorney. Because you were a minor when this bill was incurred, the collector may not have the ability to enforce the debt against you. You can contact a local consumer law attorney with experience in debt collection cases. Find out how to get FREE or low cost legal advice about debt collection from a consumer law attorney here.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2018 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved.

Disclosure: We may receive compensation for marketing some of the services mentioned on this site. Above all though, our goal is to recommend products and services we believe can help our readers. You can learn more here.