Can an atty take my current car to satisfy a previous car repo judgement.

by Richard
(shreveport, La.)

I had my car repossessed due to unemployment 3 years ago. My mother gave me a car 1 month ago. The atty for ford is still demanding payment on the judgment. Can they take my current car to satisfy the judgment? Thx

Reply from


You'll want to consult a bankruptcy attorney on this one. The attorney will be able to tell you what property you own is safe from judgment creditors, and what may be at risk. If it turns out that it is at risk, the attorney will be able to explain what you may be able to do to keep your car.

Usually when you talk with a bankruptcy attorney, the initial consultation is free. You can find one locally or you can set up a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney here.

Click here to post comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.