Back Child Support

by Steve
(Los Angeles, CA, Los Angeles)

The State of California has just attached 15% of my Social Security Retirement Benefits for back Child Support...This is creating a financial hardship for me...Can I get it lowered?

Comments for Back Child Support

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 14, 2010
Past Due Child Support
by: Mary

I am not a family law attorney but I can tell you that the courts take a parent's child support responsibilities very seriously and do not have much sympathy for parents who fall behind on their child support obligations. Therefore, it may be difficult if not impossible for you to get the amount being taken out of your Social Security benefits lowered.

My best advice to you is for you to consult with a family law attorney in your area about your situation.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Debt Collection Questions.

Learn how debt collection laws can help you!
This website does not provide legal advice.
All information is for educational purposes only.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 by Mary Reed and Gerri Detweiler.
All rights reserved..
Read our Privacy Policy here. Do not sell my information.